Tonight for dinner, I wanted something quick and easy, light and fresh, but still hot and delicious. After a quick look through my admittedly barren fridge, I knew it was going to be a pasta night. I'm a huge lover of all things ricotta, but I'm getting sick of lasagna and ziti type pasta dishes. So I set out to create something NEW. I was pretty happy with this little number, I hope you will be too!
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
8 oz pasta (any shape you like, I prefer tri-color rotini)
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 tbsp butter (softened)
2-3 tbs lemon juice
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta, according to the directions on the package.
2. Meanwhile, mix ricotta, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. When you drain the pasta, reserve a small amount of the pasta water and add it to the ricotta mixture.
4. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir.
Serve hot or cold.
You can also add other ingredients, to make it a little more fancy. Try adding chicken, peas, fresh basil, shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
1 comment:
ah this looks wonderful!
Post a Comment