16 February 2012

Gestational Hypertension

Here's the scoop. Our baby is coming soon, ready or not. This week I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension- that basically means that my blood pressure is really high and the only way to relieve it is to give birth. The doctor put me on bed rest until they decide to induce me, and I have to report to L&D every Tuesday and Friday for Non Stress Testing and lab work. Keeping both myself and the baby healthy has become a balancing act, and they think he'll be here sometime within the week.
I'm pretty nervous about the labor and delivery, but as nervous as I am, I'm just as excited. I can't wait to smoosh Chandler's little cheeks and love on him every day. I am SO ready to meet this special little love.
Jordan is beside himself with excitement, finding a new project every day to "prepare" for the baby. This week he did the baby's laundry and put the car seat in our car. He also built a baby swing, hung a shelf in the nursery and made definitive plans to teach Chandler to ice skate, as soon as he can walk. Jordan is beyond ready to meet his son.

Here's hoping tomorrow is the day!

2 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

Oh wow, can't wait to see pics of baby Chandler! He will be so adorable. And don't worry about labor and delivery, it's not so bad. I'm a weirdo and actually enjoyed it. Ha ha. But i had an epidural, which made it practically pain free! Totally worth it. :)

Bradley and Madison Hale said...

Erica!! I am soooo excited for you to be a mom!!! Best of luck, I hope everything goes smoothly.