The view from the base of the castle, built in the 11th century. It was one of the most important imperial palaces of the Middle Ages, holding all of the Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation, at one point or another.
The view looking back at the hill climb we had to make to get to the castle. Now I know why the rest of the world thinks Americans are lazy- I can't even explain how many times I wished for a moving sidewalk or a tram of some sort.
All incline, no stairs, but we made it! The best part: we got to the top just in time to look out at the town and hear all the church bells.
It was an amazing experience, with incredible views. We learned a lot and sweated even more. On the way down, all I could think about was Gelato.
No comments:
Post a Comment