11 November 2011

RULE #1

While I firmly believe in living by our own "say so," there are some rules that should never be broken or subtracted from a home. Most of them are completely obvious and therefore shouldn't have to be talked about. Most of them being the key word... last night, a rule was broken in the House of Dowler...

Most of the time (and especially now that I'm pregnant), Jordan is super attentive and caring. He rubs my back and kisses my belly, he asks if I need anything and offers to put the dishes away so I can get off my feet. Again, MOST of the time being the key word. Last night, a demon of some awful sort came over my sweet husband, seemingly out of nowhere. 

We were laying in bed after a fun night of celebrating his birthday with beer (iced tea for me, of course), wings, sports and a man-movie to top it all off. I was laying with my head on his chest, slowly drifting off, thinking about how lucky I was to have caught the eye of such an incredible man. 
And then it happened. The demon took over...

HE PULLED THE COVERS OVER MY HEAD AND FARTED. The man who had just been scratching my back and excitedly talking about his son-to-be, turned into the worst type of demon husband I could ever imagine. He dutch ovened me, his sweet pregnant wife, holding the covers over my head while I scrambled for air. It was absolutely terrible, and I felt the need to share this. Not to vent, but to WARN. Ladies, your man may be the sweetest person to ever walk the earth, but he too is capable of such grotesque manners.

RULE OF MARRIAGE #1: NEVER, no matter what, dutch oven your wife... ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S PREGNANT. That's it. There's no discussion about this rule. It exists, from here on out, and it's number one.

1 comment:

Dusty And Mandi said...

That is horrible to do to a pregnant woman!!!!!! Dust once locked the windows after farting in the car when I was pregnant... I puked all over. He hasn't attempted anything like that since. Ha ha.